A crown is one of the reward for victory. In other words, a crown is a reward, its an indication that you are victorious…you’ve done something very good. The message this morning is to deal with the subject of reward then end up with crown of righteousness. Hence, the message would centered on;
- Rewards of the faithful
- The crown of righteousness
Rewards of the faithful.
The Bible says in Heb 11:6 – God is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. Isaiah 45:9, Mal 3:17&18. Why would God reward anybody?
1. Its for our spiritual service:
A. Soul Winning: God would reward people for their spiritual services. One of these services is turning others to Christ….the major reason (Dan 12:3). If you turn many to righteousness, go for evangelism is any places and turn people to righteousness, God will reward that person. May God help each one of us to be a soul winner in Jesus name. If you win souls to Christ, you are doing Spiritual Service.
B. Do Good to Other Christians: Any good deed done to a believer, the person would be rewarded by God. When you offer any service, deed, to a man or to a woman and you deliberately do all you can to offer him/her help, God would reward you (Matt 10:40-42). if you receive a prophet, you are entitle a prophet reward and if you receive a righteous man, you are entitle to a righteous man reward. Similarly, Jesus said if one of you receive a disciple of His, he/she will be entitle to a disciple reward.
2. Suffering for Christ Seek:
Many people don’t want to suffer, go through stress, persecution e.t.c. while carrying his/her cross (Matt 5:11-42). Persecution, many years ago is the in-thing. But today, because there’s so much compromising, we have little or no persecution. Like in those days, when we were about taking their wives and the wife’s family demand for alcohol, we stood our ground and say no to alcohol! (Matt 5:12). We can see all what Paul went through, he called it light affliction…(2Cor 4:1-18). Are you going through any affliction brother, it is very light. Don’t compromise your faith. There are compromises here and there. Stand firm, believe God and let Him be sufficient for you. Refuse to compromise your faith and reward would follow it in Jesus name.
Two forms of Reward God would give to us;
1. Rest from labour and suffering; The first reward God will give every man or woman that has served Him is REST. 2Thess 1:1-12. People that will not find rest are people who disobeyed God. May we not miss the glory of God. But the wicked shall be banish from His glory. If you are separated from the one who gives you breath, then there’s no hope for that person. Note, this world is labour, everyone is labouring here and only God that can give rest. May we not miss the rest of God. The people who will not find arrest are people who do not obey Gods instruction, they shall be banish from glory of His power.
2. Spiritual Crowns: We have majorly 5 crowns mentioned in the Bible (Jn 2:10);
the crown of life
crown of righteousness
Crown of Glory
Crown of Rejoicing
If you are not waiting on God, there won’t be a crown. The crown is meant to be given to people that are waiting for him. Why are you following Christ? Is it money, a child, position etc? Just like Elisha, he refute everything and follow his master. If any man wants to follow Christ, let him first deny him/herself and take his cross and follow him.
The reward is going to be given and may God bring rest to your soul by giving you incorruptible, glorious, righteous and rejoicing crown in Jesus name.